"We have issues"

The Beacon

"We have issues"

The Beacon

"We have issues"

The Beacon

What not to wear to OHS

Ladies and gentlemen, I have observed the clothes of our Olentangy High School student body and it is time we cancel some of the fashion statements that have been made.

First off, we have an item suitable for certain times in the summer to wear out. But how are we waking up at 6 a.m, 10 degrees outside, maybe some snow on the ground and putting on biker shorts? We know you are cold; it’s okay to admit it. Overall any type of shorts in the winter time should not be worn to school. 

Next on our list might be controversial to the male species in our school… This item is the men’s recovery shoes. I’m beyond interested in how these became popular. It’s almost like someone took the design of Croc’s and made them into tennis shoes. Boys, there is a reason why Crocs went out of style… Also these are recovery shoes. I know for a fact most of the people who wear these can get the same benefits from regular tennis shoes. I just have to say what everyone else has thought; these should be canceled. 

Then we have Air Force 1’s. I know there are a handful of people who still wear these. I’m sorry to tell you this, but these are to an extreme extent out of style. In particular the white ones. These shoes were okay for the duration of our middle school days, but it’s time to move on. Let them go. It’s time.

Last but not least, skinny jeans. I should just stop this article here. There shouldn’t have to be an explanation on how much these need to be deleted from existence. Anyways it’s clear someone needs to tell you guys, these are a part of our middle school fashion phases that do not deserve to come back. They are not back in style, and I don’t see them coming back soon. Go home and throw them away, please and thank you. 

Well students of Olentangy, I understand while you read this article it may have sparked some mixed emotions. I am here to look out for you and make sure you don’t look back at your high school years and think “Why did I wear that?”