The Beacon

• MARCH 30: LAST DAY TO SUBMIT SENIOR QUOTES, AFTER GRADUATE PLANS AND BABY ADS

Beacon Bachelor briefing: week eight

Reagan B. ‘21, Writer

This week of “The Bachelor” was hometowns. The first place he went to was Fredericksburg, Virginia for Caelynn’s hometown. Their day began with a carriage ride through the town to see her favorite parts of town. Caelynn’s family seemed very intimidating in their interviews.

Caelynn’s sister was the first to talk to her, and it did not look like she supported Caelynn and Colton’s relationship since she was questioning the sincerity of it. When Colton was talking with Caelynn’s mom, she came across as scared for their future together, and I feel bad for Colton because she told him she is not sure if he is ready for an engagement. Caelynn’s step dad, John, said her and Colton could just be friends based on how they talked about each other which had to be alarming for her. I loved when Caelynn told John how great of a father he has been to her, he was so touched by it, and it was so sweet.

During the conversation between Colton and John, Colton asked for John’s blessing to get married to Caelynn. John gave Colton his blessing to ask Caelynn to marry him, and their date went better than I thought it would at the beginning.

The next hometown was in Birmingham, Alabama with Hannah G. She took him to an etiquette class to help him with Southern manners. This was so funny because he did not know how to do anything, but watching the teacher’s reaction was even funnier.

Hannah’s family was overall very positive about their relationship. Hannah’s dad was taken aback by Colton asking for his permission to marry Hannah, and he said yes. When Hannah was talking with her mom, it was so sweet to see how proud she was of Hannah after talking with her about Colton.

Tayshia’s hometown was next in Santa Ana, California. For their first activity of the day, Tayshia took Colton skydiving, which made him face his biggest fear. Although he had fun, it was very risky of her to make him do something she knew he was terrified of.

Considering everything Tayshia warner Colton about, I can imagine he was most nervous to meet her father. Tayshia’s mom was so kind and supported Tayshia and Colton’s relationship, but her father was a different story. Her father was very concerned with Colton dating three other women while dating Tayshia which I was not expecting. I understand how dating three other women could be alarming, but since he knew from the beginning Tayshia would not be the only woman Colton was dating, the question was unexpected. I was not surprised Tayshia’s father said no to Colton’s request for permission to marry his daughter at first considering he just met Colton. Although he said no at first, I am glad he gave Colton his blessing because Colton was worried he would never get it.

The last hometown was Cassie’s in Huntington Beach, California. Watching Colton attempt to surf was extremely entertaining. He had no idea what he was doing, but at least he had fun trying. When Colton asked Cassie how she felt, she did not seem positive of her feelings which was surprising to me because it looked like their relationship was the strongest. I definitely appreciate how serious Cassie is taking this, and how she is not feeling pressured to tell him she loves him right away.

Cassie’s mom was accepting and supportive of them, but concerned because Cassie had not told him she loved him yet. Cassie’s dad was skeptical of all of Colton’s actions, and he was watching every time he got close to her. Cassie was getting frustrated with her father because of his doubts, but it’s good he is being honest with her about how he really feels. When Colton asked for permission to marry Cassie, her dad said no which made me sad because she is my favorite girl, and I hope he can get her father’s blessing before the end of this. After leaving Cassie’s house, it appeared as if Colton was going to send her home because he did not know how she felt and he did not have her dad’s permission.

During the rose ceremony when Colton sent Caelynn home, I was very surprised. I did not expect her to leave because her hometown looked like it went well. I feel bad for Caelynn because she was so blindsided by Colton’s decision, and even Colton was hurt when he had to send her home.

Next week are fantasy suites, and it is a two part episode with fantasy suites Monday and women tell all on Tuesday. I am interested to see what Colton is going to do considering this is the episode where he jumps the fence to get out.